Friday, November 4, 2011

What are your strengths?

At work they've had us take a test so that we can focus on our strengths. Here is what they told me my strengths are:
  • Ideation, fascinated by ideas and able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
  • Restorative, adept at dealing with problems, good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
  • Deliberative, take serious care in making decisions or choices and anticipate the obstacles.
  • Input, craving to know more and like to collect and archive all kinds of information.
  • Belief, having certain core values that are unchanging and that defined purpose for their life.
Not surprisingly, my bottom strengths involve empathy, relating, winning people over, command, and competition.  So, I'm not a people person or good at leading. Good thing I got out of the Navy and am not in marketing or HR.

You can try this test for yourself at http://richardstep.com/self-tests/.

2 comments:

EO said...

Neat test, I've taken the Strength Finder 2.0 test before.

According to RichardStep my strengths are: Input, Ideation, Leaner, Inclusiveness, and Developer. I'm not sure if I agree with everything. My lowest one was Competition =) How ironic...

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

I thought your strengths were accurate. It's good to know your strengths and work on your weaknesses.