Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dawson Juction on the Road

I got invited to show Dawson Station at a Cub Scout pack meeting. Mom set the stage by reading the season and subject appropriate book "Polar Express" by Chris Van Allsburg.
I spoke for a bit about Hull-Oakes and then let the cubs run the layout. I'm not sure who was more interested, the cubs or their dads. One father jokingly asked me if I was a historian or something.
Other than the pack meeting, the layout has been prominently featured in my favorite hobby shop front window. They seem to like having it and said one of the Hull brothers was in and commented on it.
It was about this time last year that I started working on it. What a year it has been.

1 comment:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Those are great pictures. I think it's a great hobby. What's next?