Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hot Young Chick at the Drive-thru

The younger girls and I were finishing our Saturday errands in town, and had stopped at the Wendy's drive-thru for a round of Frosties to cool us off (I'm a bit low on freon in the truck). In the rear view mirror, I could see a good looking young gal driving an older minivan pulling in behind us to order. She was alone, and apparently trying to beat the heat as well. At the window, I could hear over the speaker that she was ordering a Frosty too. So, in a brief moment of chivalry (or insanity), I asked the young Hispanic girl taking our money if I could pay for the lady's order as well. "Sure," she said without missing a beat. Handing over our treasure of icy coolness and the receipt, I asked her to tell the lady she was good looking! That tripped her up a bit but, again she replied "yes".

With Robin loudly exclaiming "DADDDD", I pulled out, leaving the cashier giggling, and poor Ms. Purebred to explain that the guy in truck who had bought her Frosty was actually her husband.

3 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Funeeee!

g said...

you really had me going.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!