Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Broken Bride Rock Opera

Don't ask me how I stumbled onto this, but it is fascinating. It is a 27 minute "rock opera" by the band Ludo. It reminds me of Rush's 2112.

It might help if you read the storyline while listening. Here is a good link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_Bride
(it will open in a new window thanks to my wicked html skills).

If nothing else, listen to the last song (part IV). You'll still need to know the storyline to fully appreciate it.




There. Blogation over.

4 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Yay! Welcome back. I"ll listen later/latter.

Imagitext said...

I've listened to part of the first one. It is confusing.

brenda said...

Weird. Some of it's really beautiful, but just weird. So the storyline belongs JUST to the rock opera (which is an actual stage production), and not to a novel or movie, right? Weird. This is not a genre I'm familiar with.

Reminds me of Queen and Styx, not quite as cerebral as Rush. But who else wrote epics like this...anyone other than Rush?

Anonymous said...

Listened to the playlist and read what you have written so far. I really like both. Got choked up at the end of the opera

-Carl