Thursday, August 28, 2008

Music Detective

I've been finding some new favorite music lately using a little detective work. I heard some music in a commerical that I liked this morning. I quickly googled a few words of the lyrics, "imaginary girl this is a song for you". Scanning down the results, I see a listing from a lyrics site that shows the band as Silver Seas. I plug "Silver Seas" into playlist.com and bingo! There is the same music playing I just heard on the commerical whose product I don't even remember now. Now to check if the public library has any of their albums . . . darn, no luck. How about Youtube? Some rough cell phone footage complete with background chatter:


Some of these other songs on my play list I found in Doctor Who episodes. I've also picked out a few "why haven't I heard of these?" from Brenda and Neil's playlists.

2 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

You're technologically amazing.

Mom

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

The internet is amazing isn't it?