Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Sister Missionaries, Scene 4

Scene 4 – Write it Down (Puzzled person - Eliana)
Parking lot of appartment complex. Missionaries meet puzzled person.

M1 – Hello, can we help you?

Person – I just moved in and I cant remember which apartment is mine. I just cant seem to remember anything.

M2 – You remember your name, don’t you?

Person – Oh yes, my name is Linda.

M1 – You just moved in? Do you have it written down somewhere?

Person – Silly me, I’ve got it written down right her in my purse. Fumbles through purse.

M2 – We are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.

Person – Don’t bother with names, I can never remember them.

M1 – We all have a hard time remember things. That is why we have the scriptures. Heavenly father knows we forget, so he had the prophets record important messages for us.

Person –Yes, the Bible. I’ve read the Bible. I can’t remember when, but I remember I read it.

M2 – There are more scriptures that just the bible. Have you heard of the book of Mormon? It is a record of a group of people who leave Jersusalem, come to North America, and are visited by Jesus after his resusurection.

Person – Jesus came to America? Why would he do that?

M1 – Jesus told his deciples, “other sheep have I which are not of this fold, . . . and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.” He was speaking about those people in America.

Person – Wow, that sounds interesting. Where can I learn more about this.

M2 – Well, it just so happens we have a copy of the the Book of Mormon with us. Can we leave it with you and come back latter to answer any questions you might have?

Person – Sure. If you can remember where I live.

Both missionaries pull out note books and start to write.

M1 – Oh, don’t worry about that. We’ll remember..

1 comment:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Thanks for sharing your skit with us in written form.

Mom